Extract from the Visiting Regulations:
Article 2 – ORGANIZATION OF VISITING OPERATIONS
- Ticket Office is opened from 8:45 on visiting days.
- The time of the first tour, and the interval between particular tours for visitors only accessible with a guide are determined by the management of the cultural monument. The capacity of tours is limited by the operation conditions of the monument and the safety of visitors.
- Guided tours are available to groups with a minimum number of 5 people for all tours, including non-paying persons (visitors with the privilege of free entrance: employees of the NHI, children under 6 years of age etc.). If there are less than 5, visitors will have to wait until the start of the following tour which will be undertaken depending on the number of persons interested in that tour (not any previous tours). If the persons concerned do not want to wait for the next tour or if they require an individual tour only for their group which is smaller than the maximum possible number of persons in group mentioned above), they will pay the admission equivalent to a full group. The size of groups is determined by the monument as well as safety regulation. Exceptions can be permitted by the management of the monument.
- It is possible to provide tour reservation for large scale groups or individuals under the proviso that they agree in advance in writing, via phone, e-mail, or using the electronic reservation system with the management of the cultural monument stating the exact day and the start time of the tour. The reservation will be cancelled if the reservation has not been collected from the ticket office of the monument at least 30 minutes before the agreed time of the tour.
Article 3 – ADMISSION
- Admission is paid in advance. The admission prices for a particular year are determined by the National Heritage Institute, Regional Historic Sites Management in Kroměříž. The prices can be seen at the ticket office and in the office of the management of the cultural monument. Upon entrance into the monument area or by purchasing a ticket/s, every visitor commits themselves to adhere to the instructions of staff and the visiting regulations of the cultural monument. After payment of admission, the visitor receives a ticket (group leader receives a bulk ticket), in case of visitor tours accessible only with a guide, tickets contain data about the time of a tour and when the ticket is valid.
- If a visitor does not attend the tour at the time marked on the ticket, it is then invalid.
- Purchased tickets will not be refunded.
- Visitors have to show the ticket when entering the tour and must retain it for the entire duration of the tour and show it upon request.
- The cost of admission and any discounts are set at the current price.
Article 5 – PROTECTION OF CULTURAL MONUMENTS AND SECURITY OF THE COLLECTIONS
- Visitors are required to follow the instructions of the staff. When the instruction or commands issued in the interest of visitor safety, protection of the property, and security of the collections are not headed, the visitor will be ejected from the premises without refund of the admission, and is required to leave the premises immediately. In addition, the visitor may be liable for prosecution under the applicable laws.
- Selected outer and inner rooms of the premises are monitored by a surveillance system for the protection of collections and visitors.
- Intoxicated persons or persons under the influence drugs will be refused entry to the building
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is forbidden in the entire monument, except in reserved places. Places for smoking are determined by the installed ashtrays. In the case of fire, visitors are to follow the instructions given by staff of the cultural monument.
- For safety reasons, it is forbidden to carry or use any kind of weapon, firearm, or blaster weapon, including any replicas.
- Entrance into installed interiors of the premises with excessively bulky luggage, bags, umbrellas, and animals is forbidden.
- Visitors dressed in a very unclean, inadequate or inappropriate clothing will be denied entrance.
- If there is a loss or damage of artistic-historical items during the tour, all visitors attending the tour will be expected to undergo all safety measure even if this means an eventual search of persons performed by members of Police of the Czech Republic.
- It is forbidden to damage or endanger the building, its collections, and other properties in the castle area. In particular, it is prohibited to:
a. touch the walls or objects on display, write or paint on the walls, cut them or in any way to be detrimental to them;
b. leave designated routes and paths, depart from a guide and guided group during exposition.
c. disturb other visitors or the guide’s presentation by noise (talking, music, singing, shouting, using mobile phones or audio media, loud noises, etc.), or otherwise hinder visitors tour of the castle. Not observing these conditions may be reason for expulsion from the tour without refund of entry fee.
d. drink, eat, or chew chewing gums in the interiors, enter with an ice-cream, drinks, food, etc.
e. throw anything into the fountains, pick flowers, collect fruits, break branches of trees and bushes, walk on the lawns and off the designated paths, scare away animals or birds, camp in the premises, put up posters, promote whatever goods, services, or activities and otherwise disturb the peace and order;
f. go around the premises and park by any vehicles, including riding bicycles (with exception wheelchairs for disabled persons and baby prams). Bicycles can only be left in specially designated places. Movement with help of children´s rolopeds or scooters is allowed only on paths in freely accessible parts of the premises, and only for children up to the age of 5 years who are accompanied by an adult that are responsible for the child´s safety and that the child does not endanger other visitors by its ride.
g. park motor vehicles out of designated areas of public car parks ;
h. enable free movement of dogs and other animals. Dogs and other animals can freely enter accessible parts of the cultural monument but only on a leash, entrance into the interiors and tours with dogs and other animals is strictly forbidden.
10. The touching of electric distribution boxes, signalling equipment, extinguishers, and any other technical equipment is forbidden in the monument. Management of the monument is not responsible for any injuries or loss arising from the breech of this rule.
11. Taking photographs, filming and the creation of any documentation using flash, tripod, selfie sticks, or any other lighting and instrumental techniques in interiors of the monument or other designated places is forbidden.
12. Flying of pilotless aircrafts (drones, multicopters etc.) and aero models without previous written consent of the chief manager of the monument is forbidden in the entire area of the cultural monument.
13. Using of any photograph, video, or other documentation created in the area of the cultural monument for commercial purposes without explicit written consent of the National Heritage Institute, Regional Historic Sites Management in Kroměříž is forbidden.
Exception for scientific, documentation, promotional and other purposes may be granted upon written application to the National Heritage Institute, Regional Historic Sites Management in Kroměříž.
- Visitors are responsible to the management of the cultural monument for any breaches of the visiting regulations and inflicted damages. The management of the cultural monument is not responsible for injuries and damages arisen as a result of non-compliance of the visiting regulations. Liability for any damages incurred by visitors is regulated by the general regulations.
- Exception from the visiting regulations may be permitted by the management of the cultural monument in any reasonable cases.
- The Castle Theatre and the Winter Riding-Hall have their own specific visiting and fire regulations.